Software Engineer (Front End)Apply Now
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office.
As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes and are able to offer very competitive salaries.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
- As part of a cross-functional, full stack scrum team, contribute to the front-end development of features that allow our customers to grow and manage their lists of contacts
- Work with product management and UX to develop delightful user experiences that help our customers grow their business
- Develop high quality, maintainable code with full automation
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained throughout the codebase by being an active participant in code reviews
- Maintain the health of the codebase through appropriate refactoring and improvement of existing functionality
- 1-3 years developing scaled web applications specializing in the front-end
- Experience with Backbone, Marionette or equivalent framework
- Experience with Protractor or equivalent integration test framework
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with Ruby, Rails and Java is a plus
- Familiarity working with relational databases (DB2, Oracle or MySQL)
- Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
- Strong focus on customer success
- Self-motivated individual who proactively seeks to help teammates be successful
- Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team